User Group in Chicago

Announcements and discussion of local Lisp user groups and Lisp-related conferences
perryl8898

User Group in Chicago

Post by perryl8898 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm

I am looking for a user group in the Chicago area. If I could find something in the Wheaton area, that would be great. However, I would be willing to drive across the city if I found a worthwhile group. Anyone know of a group?

smithzv

Re: User Group in Chicago

Post by smithzv » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:25 am

Hi

Have you found any interest out there? I am moving to Carol Stream in about a month and would love to be part of a Lisp user group, although we might benefit with a group larger than 2. Let me know if you have any info on area lugs or want to organize something ourselves.

Zach KS

smcnamara

Post by smcnamara » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm not aware of any current pigs, but would be game for meeting. I'm downtown.

smithzv

Post by smithzv » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:04 pm

That's great. I clearly don't check this forum very often :oops: .

Too bad something isn't something already established. I am okay with meeting downtown. I guess if there is only the two of us, meeting up will just be us showing each other what we have been working on lately. What dialects do you use and how do you use them? I use Common Lisp (more or less exclusively) for scientific computation while I am in grad school, but end up working a lot of other projects (https://github.com/smithzvk) since my physics research is very boring to me after all of these years.

GengyangCai

Post by GengyangCai » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello,

I am a Northwestern University student (based in Evanston) - would be interested in helping to form or join a Lisp group in the Chicago, Evanston area. Is anyone going to be around there this winter ?

Gengyang