Just Wanted to Say Hello!

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
CaptainMorgan

Just Wanted to Say Hello!

Post by CaptainMorgan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Interested in the ILC 2009, I stumbled across this forum and of course, I quickly joined. I see this forum is in its infancy, so I enthusiastically look forward to its future. So hello! :)

Maybe a suggestion, please contribute what you think - how about that all too common Introductions forum or sub-forum? It's found in practically every modern forum and I see it doesn't yet exist here. It would be interesting to see folks' background, if they so desire to offer it up. Personally, I don't have the opportunity to work with Lisp professionally, so I use it mostly as a hobby(primarily Scheme) and for the fun of it - until I can some day use it professionally.

Cheers!
-Capt

findinglisp

Re: Just Wanted to Say Hello!

Post by findinglisp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 pm

CaptainMorgan wrote:Interested in the ILC 2009, I stumbled across this forum and of course, I quickly joined. I see this forum is in its infancy, so I enthusiastically look forward to its future. So hello! :)
Hello and welcome! Glad to have you aboard, Captain. Love the rum, BTW. :D
Maybe a suggestion, please contribute what you think - how about that all too common Introductions forum or sub-forum? It's found in practically every modern forum and I see it doesn't yet exist here. It would be interesting to see folks' background, if they so desire to offer it up. Personally, I don't have the opportunity to work with Lisp professionally, so I use it mostly as a hobby(primarily Scheme) and for the fun of it - until I can some day use it professionally.
You know, I thought about doing the introductions forum. I didn't create it because I was really curious whether people would use it. If people really think it would be useful to do introductions, I'm happy to make it happen. Post your followups here.
Cheers, Dave
Slowly but surely the world is finding Lisp. http://www.findinglisp.com/blog/

Exolon

Re: Just Wanted to Say Hello!

Post by Exolon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:56 am

Why not just rename this thread to "Introduce yourself!" or something and sticky it?