Request for additional moderator(s)

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
findinglisp

Request for additional moderator(s)

Post by findinglisp » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:23 pm

I have just switched jobs and am going to be doing a lot more traveling than I have been in the past. This is going to restrict my ability to perform moderator duties. I was wondering if another long-time LispForum contributor would like to be deputized as a moderator? Generally, this is a light task. Simply check the moderation queue once or twice a day and clean it out. If a posting looks reasonably on-target, let it pass. If it's spam, blow it away with extreme prejudice. Most postings are not spam. Now that I put in place the tweaks to the registration system, the autobots aren't able to get through, so the only way to target the forum easily for spam is using humans, the few of which who try are fairly easily blown-out by the moderation hurdle.

So, I'm asking for volunteers. To be accepted, you will have to be a member of fairly long standing, who has been actively posting for a while. I'd like somebody who will have the time to check the queue roughly once a day on average and who has demonstrated good temperament as a member of this community.
Cheers, Dave
Slowly but surely the world is finding Lisp. http://www.findinglisp.com/blog/

ramarren

Re: Request for additional moderator(s)

Post by ramarren » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

I would like to volunteer. I'm in Central European timezone and am checking the forum several times a day as it is.

gugamilare

Post by gugamilare » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:05 am

I am available to help with this task as well. I enter this forum more or less once a day, and I am on vacation until march.
More than one moderator might be better because one can do the job while the other is not available.

findinglisp

Post by findinglisp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks Ramarren and Gugamilare, you guys were actually at the top of my "to be drafted" list in case nobody stepped forward. :D Let me see what it takes to make you guys moderators and I'll send you a note when it's done.
Cheers, Dave

findinglisp

Post by findinglisp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:39 pm

I'd like everybody to welcome Ramarren, nuntius, and gugamilare as LispForum's new moderators. Hopefully, with their help we can greatly decrease the moderation backlog for first-time posters. This is a big help for me with my whacky travel schedule.

If anybody has any comments, I'm here as always.
Cheers, Dave