LispForum topic structure

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
findinglisp

Re: LispForum topic structure

Post by findinglisp » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:12 am

Yea, I'm already liking it better myself. :)
Cheers, Dave
Slowly but surely the world is finding Lisp. http://www.findinglisp.com/blog/

troelskn

Post by troelskn » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:35 am

Wouldn't it be more helpful to have the topics arranged by level of expertise (beginner, intermidiate &c) or by area of usage (sripting, web application &c), than by implementation. Not sure if this forum supports it, but perhaps it would be useful with a multi-paradigm taxonomy (tags?).

Just some random suggestions.

findinglisp

Post by findinglisp » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:11 am

troelskn wrote:Wouldn't it be more helpful to have the topics arranged by level of expertise (beginner, intermidiate &c) or by area of usage (sripting, web application &c), than by implementation. Not sure if this forum supports it, but perhaps it would be useful with a multi-paradigm taxonomy (tags?).

Just some random suggestions.
Multiple taxonomies would be great. I don't think phpBB supports anything like that. Most of the "multiple categories" stuff I have seen on the web revolves around tagging blog posts, though. I haven't seen any other forums with multiple taxonomies, just a hierarchical categorization, and even with that I don't want to sub-segment stuff too much if I can avoid it ("this forum is perfect for people who are programming Common Lisp on Slackware using vim on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but Emacs on Tuesday and Thursday..." :shock: ). I want to avoid everybody having their own personal forum if I can help it. This works best when we carve things up along major lines.
Cheers, Dave
Slowly but surely the world is finding Lisp. http://www.findinglisp.com/blog/