Lisp and other languages banned from Iphone

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
speech impediment

Lisp and other languages banned from Iphone

Post by speech impediment » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 am

Ok, the developer license didn't mention Lisp specifically, but I have not heard of this kind of restriction before. You are limited to about 4 languages...

http://www.dailytech.com/Apples+iPhone+ ... e18089.htm

Jasper

Re: Lisp and other languages banned from Iphone

Post by Jasper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah, that happened a while ago. Well, i think that is what you get when you accept a party to determine what you can or can't do on your phone, or actually worse, a party that isn't remotely independant either. Unfortunately, i think consumers will gladly keep buying future iShackles regardless, so we've got to make a big stink. This is because they don't lose any freedoms with it, they can't program anyway. I doubt they'd care even if it meant taking other peoples' freedom away, and they'll be fine with throwing away money too, i mean what they spend on phones is peanuts compared to what is stolen at Wall street..

Jonsul

Post by Jonsul » Fri May 07, 2010 4:05 pm

I couldn't believe the news when I heard. I had planned to use lisp to make some iphone apps eventually when my skills got better. I was planning on getting one, but It's just not worth it anymore, their ethics have made them lose a sale from me. If I ever get to do stuff for smart phones it'll be android for me.

schoppenhauer

Post by schoppenhauer » Sat May 08, 2010 5:35 pm

Actually, I am pretty surprised that so many lispers like Apple Stuff (at least it seems like that to me).
Sorry for my bad english.
Visit my blog http://blog.uxul.de/

Jonsul

Post by Jonsul » Sun May 09, 2010 10:32 am

schoppenhauer wrote:Actually, I am pretty surprised that so many lispers like Apple Stuff (at least it seems like that to me).
Not that I like them a lot, I'm actually a gigantic Linux lover. I just recognize the great opportunity for anyone to make an app and sell it on the iPhone.