Lisp -vrs- Prolog or another AI language

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
FBarralaga

Lisp -vrs- Prolog or another AI language

Post by FBarralaga » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Just now, I´m in process of selection an AI language to develop an expert system for educational purpose. This system needs to be able to display video, images, pictures, and links to other web sites, with corresponding information about the topic to be learned, all this in an user graphical enviroment. I have, as I know, two possible choices: Lisp or Prolog. So I have some questions and I ask you for help:
    Do you know if any of these languages are actually developed to be able to implement such system I need?
      Wich of them had been more appropiate developed for theses task?
        Is there another AI language, different to these two, with better profile to performs theses task?

Thanks
        Last edited by nuntius on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
        Reason: somehow I screwed up the title when splitting this to its own topic

Indecipherable

Re: Lisp -vrs- Prolog or another AI language

Post by Indecipherable » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:19 am

Basically "AI" can be used in any language.
        As far as I know, Prolog is well suited for expert systems, and the whole code is like a collection of knowledge bases.
        Lisp must also be very good for this kind of thing, since it and Prolog are often regarded as being similar. ( I often consider Lisp to be more flexible than Prolog )

Just Google around
        Hope this helps.
        Don't take the FUN out of DEFUN !