Greetings from Indecipherable

Whatever is on your mind, whether Lisp related or not.
Indecipherable

Greetings from Indecipherable

Post by Indecipherable » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 am

Hi there, Comrades!

Nice to "meet" you all! I go by my internet alias: "Indecipherable", and I have to say, lisp can be addicting!
My first programming language was Python, and so I played with it for a while. I did not abandon it, but I am more focused on lisp right now, and CL seems to be very jolly! lol!
I also have some interest in web developing, I know a few drops of HTML (quite large drops though), and have javascript manuals lying around. I am also interested in AIML for making chatbots.
So thank you, and I am 14 by the way...

So, let's have a toast with lisp code... lol!

Code: Select all

(defun convert (list)
	(defparameter *new-l* (list))

(dolist (x list)
		(push (character x) *new-l*))
		(defparameter *new-l* (reverse *new-l*))
	(string-capitalize 
		(concatenate 'string *new-l*)))
Don't take the FUN out of DEFUN !

I X Code X 1

Re: Greetings from Indecipherable

Post by I X Code X 1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Nice to "meet" you too! Hope to see you around the forum. I just recently joined too, and at the moment it seems to be a bit inactive. Maybe it will spice up a bit when high school gets out for the summer. For those in high school anyway.

ramarren

Post by ramarren » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Well, the Lisp community is kind of old and fragmented, so most activity occurs on various mailing lists, newsgroups and IRC. But the memberlist says that there are plenty of people regularly checking this forum, so it is not as if it was dead.

Indecipherable

Post by Indecipherable » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:02 am

Ramarren wrote:Well, the Lisp community is kind of old and fragmented, so most activity occurs on various mailing lists, newsgroups and IRC. But the memberlist says that there are plenty of people regularly checking this forum, so it is not as if it was dead.
I've noticed :D
Don't take the FUN out of DEFUN !