Lisp for trimming/breakine a polyline or Line

Discussion of Common Lisp
piterfun7777

Lisp for trimming/breakine a polyline or Line

Post by piterfun7777 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 am

Hi Guys, just new to lisp programming and I need your expertise for a lisp that will aid me in my drafting.

Here is the flow of the lisp.

Overview: the lisp trims or break a polyline or a line a the point (midpoint) indicated by the user by a value specified by a user.
The distance value indicated should be followed even if the polyline or line is angled.

First: the user is asked of how much the value of the trim/ break to be done on the polyline or line.
2nd : the user is asked to chose the point where the trim / break will be done.
3rd: click the next point on the line or polyline or press esc to exit.

Sample, I inputted 1000mm for the value and click at the midpoint of the polyline, the trim should be 500mm on both side of the polyline.
As long as I don’t cancel, I will just continue to choose the next point to trim/ break.

Thank you in advance.

More power guys!

edgar-rft

Re: Lisp for trimming/breakine a polyline or Line

Post by edgar-rft » Fri May 22, 2015 2:41 am

What please is a polyline? There is no built-in concept of a polyline in Common Lisp. I do not think that anybody can answer your question as long as you do not explain what you are talking about. I' sorry, but 'Im no a mind reader and my glass ball is on holidays.

- edgar

Kohath

Re: Lisp for trimming/breakine a polyline or Line

Post by Kohath » Fri May 22, 2015 4:22 pm

It sounds like you might be talking about AutoCAD's lisp called AutoLisp. Note: AutoLisp ≠ Common Lisp. Try posting in the Other Dialects section: viewforum.php?f=29