Slew of DLL Dependencies

Discussion of Common Lisp
Harnon

Slew of DLL Dependencies

Post by Harnon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:11 am

I've put up with this annoyance for quite a while, but now I thought 'hey, why not ask the lisp forum?' So here I am :mrgreen:
I would also like to know if anyone has encountered this problem before.

Basically, the problem is that in order to load one dll, I need to load the required other dlls in the excat :twisted: order. This can get quite annoying. How am i supposed to know the correct order? I suppose I could get a program that does it, but seriously, if all the other dlls are in the same folder, shouldn't there be some way to automatically find the other dlls required? Here's an example.

In order to load the dll file CORE_RL_WAND.dll, I have to load in exactly the correct order the following dlls (found via trial and error):

CORE_RL_ZLIB, CORE_RL_BZLIB, CORE_RL_LCMS, CORE_RL_TTF, and CORE_MAGICK!

If I don't load in the exact order, a windows error message will pop up saying something like 'this depends on
this dll ____.'

My question is there any way to automate this dll dependency loading, or something?
BTW, I'm using the binary ImageMagick package called ImageMagick-6.5.3-2-Q16-windows-dll.exe from the site
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binar ... hp#windows

A thousand thanks! :mrgreen:

EDIT: I moved this post. Posted in wrong area. Woops!

qbg

Re: Slew of DLL Dependencies

Post by qbg » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 am

My gut feeling is that this is the kind of thing you could make your system definition tool handle, that is tell it that A.dll depends on C.dll and D.dll, etc., and it should be able to load them in the right order.

Wodin

Re: Slew of DLL Dependencies

Post by Wodin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:37 pm

qbg wrote:My gut feeling is that this is the kind of thing you could make your system definition tool handle, that is tell it that A.dll depends on C.dll and D.dll, etc., and it should be able to load them in the right order.
Maybe, but you'd still have to figure out what that order is.

Can't Windows' dynamic linker do this sort of thing itself?